May 22, 2011

Camping Los Avellanas, Dilar, Granada

It´s looking like the rather quirky campsite of Los Avellanas in Dilar near Granada is closed completely. I went to check it out in early May and found the sign covered and the gates chained. The local bread delivery man said it was closed but didn´t know if it was opening for the summer.

All my research via the internet in Spanish seems to say it is open for July and August only, whereas before it was open all year. Using the given phone number gets me a message with the introduction Camping Los Avellanas, but after phoning at least ten times and leaving three messages to have my call returned, as said, I´m presuming, rather sadly, that they are permanently closed.


There´s nothing in the world quite like getting back to nature. Lying on the grass, watching the stars and listening to the sounds of nature.