Jan 2, 2012

My Favourite Campsite Visited in 2011

I lost track somewhere along the way but the guess is that I visited twenty campsites in 2011 and I´ve being mulling over which my favourite was. I couldn´t come out with one outright.

There was my favourite rural site, my favourite family site, my favourite lakeside site and my favourite beachside site so here we are.

My Best Rural Campsite
Balcon de Pitres in Pitres, Las Alpujarras for it´s lushness, amount of shade from the lots of lovely trees and peacefulnes.





My Best Family Campsite
Don Cactus in Motril, Granada for its imaginative swimming pool, closeness to the beach and active kids clubs.




My Best Lakeside Campsite
Camping Las Lomas in Sierra Guëjar, Granada for its stunning mountain scenery and green lakes from the site, although I should perhaps say near lake rather than lakeside.




My Best Beachside Campsite
La Garrofa in Almeria for being able to pitch your tent right on a private cove. The site itself is a bit scruffy but the location superb.




Do you have a favourite site you´d like to recommend here? Do leave a comment to share it with us.


There´s nothing in the world quite like getting back to nature. Lying on the grass, watching the stars and listening to the sounds of nature.